Free Web Counter

Tuesday 8 April 2008

I've been going at it hammer and tongs since my last post. With the end in sight I have booked a track day for a bit of a shakedown.

I visited MNR last week and got all my paperwork for Vosa and the Dvla filled in, I'm just holding off sending them in until I've done the track day to see if anything falls off or I blow the thing up! I checked out a freshly SVA'd car in the workshop thats given me inspiration as the two guys had just picked the kit up in December and it's on the road now! There was two of them mind, I'm doing this on me own.

I've made a final fit of the scuttle, sorted the airbox out and started fitting the front wings. My goal is to get it finished for the track day 21st April then send the forms off and make it SVA friendly for the big day.

It's really come together lately. A few weeks ago it seemed like there was loads to do, now Its nearly all done. Just need to finish off trimming the cabin with some edge trim, secure the inner panels properly and fit the boot cover. Arches on and and I should be ready to go. Fingers crossed!

No comments: