Free Web Counter

Thursday 27 November 2008

Many hands make light work they say... and I must agree. Many thanks to Andy W for coming round tonight and giving me a hand on the very night I finally took the 1.8 out. Andy on one side, me on the other it was out in about 90 minutes.Took delivery of a brand new aluminum bellhousing Monday. With it offered up to the ST there was a very small amount of fettling to get the starter clear of the sump and that's where I left it for the cider, sorry, for the night!

I'm not going to be using the water rail I had on the 1.8 as I feel the original Ford housing works better and as I'm considering a heater this will suit it better. So some remaking of pipe work is in order and I will be plumbing the Focus oil cooler into the remote filter head. First I need to attach the new bellhousing, derust the flywheel I'm going to use and actually get the ST engine in!

I'll give the Mondeo clutch that I bought for the 1.8 a go but feel I may need to upgrade to some thing stronger. Time will tell. Old 1.8 out, new ST waiting menacingly to go in...

I'll be taking the opportunity to clean the engine bay out while there's plenty room. There's still mud and grass from the crash and fibreglass dust everywhere from the rebody so its an opportunity not to be missed.

No comments: