Free Web Counter

Thursday 15 February 2007

Day 1, 11th.


How cold was it?

Started at the front of the build manual and uncoiled the brake pipes. Laid them out along the car, attached the unions to both ends then clipped the brake lines in place.
Bugger, didn't read enough of the manual! Rear line in the wrong way round to screw the unions in! The pipe was a little long anyway and I'd left a biggish loop at the back and there was over 150mm too much at the front.


So I cut the ends off, swapped the fittings over and reflared the ends, taking the opportunity to cut the length back at the front.
Installed the master cylinders and balance bar/pedal assy.
Next step, fuel lines. No fuel pump so off to ebay and I bought one for next weekend.
Draped my Sierra wiring harness all over the car and started the head scratching, no problem, it may take about 9 months to sort it out but I don't mind. Its the challenge (I'm skint) thats important!

No comments: