Free Web Counter

Saturday 31 March 2007

31st March.

I have come across a considerable problem. Its not the car, its me... I've lost the drive and enthusiasm I had just two weeks ago and its slowing me down.

Example... I purchased new brake cylinders, shoes, clips, and a handbrake cable the other day but coming to fit them I found the cylinders to be the wrong ones. Well, being duped by the clocks going forward the bloody car shop was closed when I went back at 4:50..... the whole lot is contriving to piss me off with the car... big time.

On a positive note I purchased a box of Budweiser today in Tesco that might take me mind off it. I have also decided to abstain from my Thursday night ritual... a filthy donor kebab. The money saved will fund a digi dash.. maybe!

This week I have tidied the front wiring harness, connecting the rad fan. I've also installed the headlight bar and have been seeking a solution to my quest to mount the indicators under the headlights AKA Caterham style. A suitable solution has been suggested by a fellow enthusiast on the LocostBuilders forum. I will be purchasing my 100 foot length of waste pipe soon....

A few minutes ago I bolted the steering intermediate shaft in for the first time and put the lights out when I saw the link runs about 2" past the oil filter housing on me Zetec engine... Argghhhhh!!! A suitable solution will take a long time thinking....

Looks like a remote filter housing and, while I'm on, an oil cooler are on the cards. May as well do it now as I would need it for the turbo that is lurking on the horizon!


Me thinks its time to get the motor running, presuming it did before! My quest for some 2L cams has proved fruitless so far, and I may just see it through SVA the way it is. Might be a good thing as I plan the turbo conversion to have more PTW ratio than an R500 Caterham!

I tried to fit the front wheel arches as well today but the lack of suitable M12 bolts put paid to that one.

All was not lost however, as B&Q came up with with some healthy tomato plants in 3 variates that wil go in the greenhouse soon. At least we should have a nice crop of toms in September. Hope the car is ready then!!

No comments: