Free Web Counter

Thursday 5 April 2007

5th April.

Lovely weather predicted for the next few days, even if I did scrape ice off the windscreen this morning! Still a bit soon for the tomatoes in the greenhouse!

Rattling on with the rear brakes, new cylinders that fit, just puzzling over how all the levers and springs go together. Its months since I took them to bits and chucked them in an old paint bucket! The manual gives a clue but is not clear and generally a bit confusing.

New cylinders, shoes, cable and fittings. All together I had to pull the handbrake cable slack to stop it jumping off the shoe and the drums were a real struggle to get on. Its hard to push the bloody thing now as well but I'm sure they will slacken up once bedded in.

I want to get the brakes full of fluid and bled before Saturday so I drilled a hole in the side panel were the brake pipe ends on the other side. Once I'd screwed the union on I could see the danger. The brake pipe runs far too close to the tyre and I'm sure it will touch in flight. I'm thinking of a 90deg adapter there or a bracket on the inside that will move the pipe away from the wheel completely.

I reckon once I get some Carlos Fandago boolers on they will defiantly clash. A certain failure point for Mr. SVA.

Hopefully I will see a lot happen over the next four days as I've tidied the wiring and attached the fusebox to the scuttle hoop. I need to order a battery! I keep telling myself but I'm resisting the cost!!

No comments: