Free Web Counter

Friday 6 April 2007

6th April.

Nice sunny day today, 2 hours sunbathing this morning and time to crack on. Her indoors doesn't want to go out anywhere so I can get on with it.

I've sorted the rear brake hose problem by fitting little ali brackets to the inside and running the brake pipe in loop to meet it. That way I didn't need to alter the brake pipe length or have to reflare the end. The result is neat and looks quite good with the hose now well out of the way of the wheel and all the suspension bits and pieces.



I also attached the front hoses and torqued the wishbones up. In fact being quite inspired I've fitted the exhaust and carbs for a photo opportunity and its lifted me a fair bit.

One of the helpful guys on locostbuilders has had the same fitting problems as me with a zetec engine so I don't feel as all alone as I did before. He has some pictures that will help me get round the issues. The forum is really an outstanding source of knowledge and problem solving. When you can just go to the pc with problems and get instance responces and support it makes you feel like your not alone. I thank you all very much.

I bought a really small oil filter the other day and had a go this afternoon. Despite being only 55m tall it still touches the steering shaft. However, I'm not too down heartened as I think a remote filter will go in and I'd much rather have a full size filter anyway.

1 comment:

Tim said...

4 days and no update? That's not like you....