Free Web Counter

Monday 3 September 2007

Hi, no major progress at the moment as I'm trying to resist an engine change. I'm quite taken with a Volvo engine. Its a 3L 6 cylinder job that is very compact and only 4 inches longer than a 4 pot engine and chucks out over 200bhp with a huge lump of torque. Some of them have single tubos attached and some have twin turbos attached. Heaven!

It looks really good as well.






I've spent the last couple weeks collecting bits and bobs along with a silencer and link pipe from MNR. I'm sorting out were the coolant pipes will run and rather than spend a fortune on silicon pipes I'm going to gather some OE pipes from the scrappy to make all the bends. Then I can get some ali pipe bent to take out some of the joins out before I spend any cash on the shiny bits.

I really need to resist the urge for another engine but I know it will simmer away and if one comes along at the right price soon I'll be a having it!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Go on, change the engine - I'll finish before you then! :D

Steve R said...

Ha Ha, I'm holding myself back until its passed the SVA... in the next few weeks :-)