Free Web Counter

Monday 24 September 2007

Well, it feels like a long time since I did anything to the car. I've had a week in Spain where it rained for 3 days for the first time since April. Doh!

I've been collecting things from the scrapyard the last couple weeks and have a load of coolant pipes to make up the system and a nearly brand new reservoir from a 07 reg Corsa that was absolutely smashed to bits.

I've also picked up some bits for my daily drive, a Rover 220D. I picked up a tow bar so I can get the MNR around on a trailer when I need too. Then the wiper motor seized and I had to go back for that! I've picked up some other little bits and bobs along the way always keeping an eye out for a 6 cylinder Volvo.... :-)

I got back from holiday on the 15th and did intend going to the Donnington kit car event. However, we were a bit delayed getting back and the drive down to the midlands was just a bridge too far. From the reports I've seen I didn't miss much so I'm not that fussed in in not going this year.

At the moment I'm trying work out how I can use the clocks from an Astra. They are electronic are very thin at 50mm front to back. They have all the clocks and lights I need for SVA so I'm having a bash at making them work for my kit!

No comments: