Free Web Counter

Tuesday 18 March 2008



Went out again tonight to crack on... but, brrrrrr too cold for me! Nipped back indoors and made a cardboard box 53mm x 132mm to check the rear seatbelt mount. With the box sitting in the chair and a straight line from the upper belt mount there needs to be a 450mm distance from the front of the box. This is required by SVA and is designed so you don't get pulled down in the seat in the event of a frontal shunt. With my seats on 1" blocks I have around 490~500mm so plenty there.
As you can see in the picture's above the bottom seat harness mounts are very tight in the corner of the chassis. Just enough room to get them in and tighten them up.




Top mounts are clip on as well which I'm not to happy about, tightening them up they don't all face forward. Nothing to worry about, just looks a little crap!














The copper pipe you see there is the fuel pipe. Thats coming out and being rerouted as I'm not too happy with how close it is to the handbrake mechanism.

I've took the plunge and secured the back trim with Tiger seal. Thats it, it's not coming off!! again.

No comments: