Free Web Counter

Thursday 17 April 2008

The last few days have been really busy. I always said that the last thing I would do on the car is fit the front cycle guards and thats whats happened. I PU'd and rivetted a 4x6" piece of ruffed up ali to each stay. This should give a good large surface area contact between it self and the cycle wing.

After checking whether I could get the wheels off without removing the guards its all go. I trimmed the front back and fastened them on with tape and carefully removed the wheel. Everything looked OK so I'm ready to glue them on with some PU adhesive. However I'm a bit put off because it can take a couple of weeks for the PU to cure and I have the track day in 4 days time, so I've decided to do the track day without any front guards and stick them on after. Hope it doesn't rain!

Fitted the rear boot cover. I've trimmed it with small rubber U trim and fastened it down with PU. it was loaded up with bricks and bits of lead to weigh it down while the PU set.
There's a cut out in the middle so I can get at the handbrake cable and other bits under there. I got a piece of 25mm angle to trim the edge where the internal panel drops down into the cabin. I used some rivits to hold this and theres PU underneath as well.

YZF1000 mirrors arrived yesterday so a quick sit in the car holding the mirror and a few holes later they both on and should give me a good rear view for SVA.

I wasn't too happy with the look of the supplied fixings for the harness. My fault, I told them that was what I wanted. The top mounts were the same as the bottom, clip on through eyes. They just didn't look right on the car so a trip to the scrap yard and I came away with some Ford Ka buckles, swivells bolts and covers. I think they look a lot better and should be no problem for the SVA

Battery clamp to manufacture, body work bolted on this weekend and on the track Monday. I'm going to have ago at checking the tracking and balance the carbs before I go and fingers crossed it will be a dry day!

No comments: