Free Web Counter

Sunday 20 April 2008

This weekend has seen me working towards tomorrows track day. On Saturday I started it up and found the exhaust blowing and it was running like it was only on 3 cylinders. Pulling the plug leads off one by one only made it worse.

I checked the carb settings and balanced them, still running real rough. Thinking the easiest thing to do so close to my outing was to put a new set of plugs in. So, off to Halfords and once in the lumpy running was gone. Some silicon on the blowing join and that cured the blowing.

Today I've been checking round the nuts and bolts to make sure every thing is tight and fitting the body work. Made a neat holder for the battery out of a piece of stainless that came from a deep fat fryer! Loads of other little jobs that has seen me in the garage till 10pm both nights!

Been out to pick up the trailer I'm borrowing and last thing is the second seat and harnesses in just in case I get any passengers tomorrow.

I'll post some pictures of the day when I get back, hopefully in one piece!

No comments: