Free Web Counter

Monday 29 September 2008

Right then, having survived the threat of redundancy I'm back on it once more. One of my colleagues volunteered at the last minute so everyone is happy. Although, with one gone and the same amount of work, I'm actively seeking a new job.

Thats the good news, heres the bad... the new scuttle is now wearing 4 holes in the wrong position, one large one where for a minute I thought the steering was on the wrong side, two where the expansion tank was too high initially, and one where the mirror was in the wrong position. With all that in mind I'm attacking it little by little now with the dreaded cutting of the front body tub to fit the nose looming.. oh my god!

Tonight I've made a cardboard template for the nose fitting as the front of the body tub needs trimming back and secured the bonnet. With the expansion tank now a bit lower (back to its original position) the bonnet could be offered up and the bonnet clamps fitted.

No comments: