Free Web Counter

Saturday 27 September 2008

Still a bit pi€€ed off with the crash, putting it back together reminds me of the crash. Underneath the car is still scarred with mud and grass where it was dragged out of the ditch, but I'm determined to get her back together and out on the road again. Soon!!

Today I've been fixing the bodywork around the cabin and bolting down the scuttle. This time I've kept the scuttle rigid by cutting holes for the steering column. I had to totally disassemble the column to get through the holes and it took ages fiddling with the little bits and bobs that make up the tilt mechanism but it was worth it, it looks a lot neater than cutting slots and chunks out of the dash. I'll need to cut the cowl back to suit the new set up but I want to drive the car about a bit and get the column in the right position first as I've also adjusted the brake pedal back a bit. New carbon look dash looks super!!

Got the offside rear wing on as well and will be cracking on tomorrow to get the rest sorted.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Nice dash Steve.
TC