Free Web Counter

Thursday 15 February 2007

Ordering.


Money burning holes in pockets, put it in the bank she says!

December 2006 I visited MNR to put the depsosit down and configure what I was going to get. I must say that Chris and Marc very friendly, helpful and the whole setup gave me a warm feeling.
I came away with a beginning of Feb type time for pick up.
Previuos to this I had obtained my donor, a 1993 Sierra Azure off ebay in really rather good condition. Not really being inspired by the 1.6 pinto installed i looked around for another motive force. I had considered a bike engine but reading other peoples thoughts I decided a zetec engine was the way forward with the 1.8 being the easy install.
Back to ebay and I soon had a 1.8 engine in a very clean condition.
It took around 2 days to dismantle the Sierra, another 3 days and the body was sold. Yes, sold, I got most of my money back from the bare shell!
The components were treated to the electrolysis bath and some Hammerite, new bearings and looking as good as new. Just the wait for the day to pick it up...

No comments: