Free Web Counter

Saturday 4 August 2007

Getting Closer....

Over the last week I'm getting closer to starting the engine. I've wired up the Megajolt and all the sensors, sorted out where I want to put the battery and sorted out all the engine harness.

I've mounted the remote oil filter and bolted it to the engine mount. This keeps the hoses quite short and its dead easy to get at the filter. I had to take the engine mount off as the hole for the M10 nut that goes on the rubber mounting thread wasn't big enough even for the nut never mind the socket. I took it off and ground the slot round enough to get a socket in so I could tighten it up.

I've done a far bit of work on the car and it doesn't look much better as its been mainly wiring with most of the lights confirmed now as working and it's getting me closer to starting it up. I've got a positive location for the battery down in the passenger footwell and have all the connections thought out. I predict its going to be very neat!! Fingers crossed!!

Ill be looking for some bulkhead gaskets from B&Q to run all the wires through the bulkhead soon. In the meantime I'll be drilling the holes to get them through so I can have a go at starting the engine. I'll be setting me old camcorder up to record the first start up.

I've had the car outside again today while I shifted two IBC's to the back of the garage and took some photos. The number plate is off the donor and I fitted it to get a decent place for the number plate light. I would like to keep it but doubt DLVA will let me keep it!
As you can see I'm sticking with the donor wheels. I've seen some nice spangly bling alloys in Halfords this morning on the offer but I am resisting!
Wasn't much fun pushing it up my steep drive, had to give it two goes when I ran out of steam the first time.... must get some kebab off me gut!


I'm up for working on the car and getting it started but I do want to keep it neat, so I'm not rushing it. So I'm thinking of the finishing touches as I make decisions on the configuration. (if that make sense!). I still want me best chance of passing SVA first time. FAT CHANCE!!!

No comments: