Free Web Counter

Sunday 18 January 2009

Got my hands on some 5mm steel plate. I've decided to make a new inlet manifold. Seeing as I made the original one I can save a bit of cash making this one too. I've got the Ford Plastic one to use as a template and it should be easier this time as the ports on the head are larger. I wont have to reduce the tubes to make them fit!

I've swapped the thermostat housing for the one of the 1.8. This is because the newer ST one has temp senders that are push in and held with sliding clips, where as the 1.8 one has threaded sensor holes. This has enabled me to fit the Acewell sensor to the bottom of the unit. I started the engine again for another warm up/leak test and while the fan came on as it does at 86 degrees the dash was only registering 55... This may be due to the sensor sitting on the bottom of the thermostat. The problem is I've blocked the rear outlet that would have gone to the heater so there's not much flow over it. However this may or may not be problem during normal driving when the water is going round a lot faster. Time will tell. I have a mechanical Racetech water temp gauge I may attempt to plumb into the top sensor.

Congratulations to Vinny, Bill & Basset for getting their cars started today. You can check their blogs out with the links on the right..

No comments: